In this episode we interview Steve Gaudreau, an entrepreneur, author, experienced carwash industry expert, trainer, consultant, and the co-founder of Brink Results. Steve shares valuable insights on the hiring process for car wash operators.
Steve Gaudreau is the co-founder and President of Brink Results, LLC, which is a training and consulting firm that assists clients in obtaining measurable results in their training, hiring, and management practices.
After a 10-year career in operational and sales management, Steve became a training consultant with one of the major firms in the management development segment of the training industry. In 1992 he co-founded a training firm called POWER, Inc., and served as CEO until 2005. While at POWER, Inc., Steve developed a national reputation in a wide variety of industries and especially in the automotive after-service sector. From 2006-2011 he individually consulted, authored two industry best-selling books, and wrote dozens of columns for various business magazines. In 2012 he co-founded Brink Results with Jacquelyn Bridge, his partner in several ventures since 1992.
- Steve shares the story of how he first got into the car wash industry, and why he enjoys the carwashing business.
- He shares his thoughts and advice for hiring employees for your wash. What are the tools & techniques he recommends to his clients?
- What are some of the mistakes carwash operators often make when hiring employees?
- What’s the top reasons most people leave their jobs? What can you do to retain carwash employees longer and what are the benefits?
- Steve explains how you can use evaluation or assessment tools to help you find the right type of employee for your car wash business.
- How do you avoid being in a desperate position with hiring, and how do you minimize hiring only the people you like?
- Steve shares real-world examples and stories from other car wash operators.