This episode features Ryan Cook, Managing Director of Business Development at Diamond Shine. He has over 20 years experience in the carwash industry in various capacities. Ryan lives in the Denver, Colorado area.
Ryan shares his in-depth knowledge of the carwash chemicals business, and overall operations of a successful carwash, and the 5 Factors of Cleaning. From the basics of wash cleaning chemicals, to more detailed topics and general operation tips, this episode will be of value to all carwash owners, operators and managers.
- What are some of the ways the carwash chemicals industry has evolved and changed? Ryan explains how the industry has evolved into developing carwash-specific chemistry, resulting in better product for the car wash operator.
- Ryan introduces the basics of chemicals for cleaning cars.
- He explains the delicate balance of all of the variables a car wash is trying to calibrate to deliver a great experience for customers.
- Ryan explains what the pH measure in chemicals means.
- What are the key components to creating great cleaning foam in a carwash?
- Ryan introduces some of the basics related to managing your chemical spend.
- Ryan and David introduce and discuss the 5 Factors of Cleaning a car: 1) Mechanical Action 2) Water Quality 3) Temperature 4) Time 5) Chemistry
- It’s all about putting out a great product – a clean car! How do you create the greatest value for your customer, at the least cost.