In this episode David Begin and Henry Lopez discuss the topic of hiring employees at a car wash business. This is part 1 of this topic, and we focus on the overall challenges with hiring and the recruiting process. Subsequent episodes on hiring will cover the entire process of screening, on-boarding, training and retaining employees.
- David and Henry discuss some of the overall challenges with the hiring process.
- In this episode they focus on the recruiting process specifically.
- Tips on how to advertise for “car car industry” employees. The words you use in the job description and posting are critical to attracting the right type of potential employees.
- How to find prospective employees with a combination of mechanical skills (or aptitude) and customer service skills, and what’s the ideal balance?
- How important are critical thinking skills?
- How do you go about defining your ideal employee (what are their characteristics, background, skills, etc.) for your carwash?
- David & Henry discuss various recruiting methods they have tried over the years, and what is working best in their area recently.
- What starting wage should you offer to attract a better candidate for your to consider?
- Hiring is a continuous process in the carwash business.