- Competition in the carwash industry has been driven in part by the influx of capital into the industry. David chats about the types of investors who are interested in investing in carwashes.
- What is attracting investors, and additional wash competitors? Why are banks lending to carwashes?
- What can you do as a carwash owner or operator to position yourself against increasing competitors?
- David shares some of the steps he took at his wash locations to recover and defend his business from increased competition.
- Are you getting honest assessments from those whom you trust?
- David explains that you should be the operator that makes it hard to build another wash nearby.
- “It’s all about execution.” It’s how you best differentiate from a competing wash.
- David explains “Creative Destruction”.
- Sometimes competition can be a good thing.
- What are some of the evolving technologies that will impact the carwash industry?
- You must be ready to make changes and pivot so that you can continue to be competitive and thrive.
This episode of The How of Carwashing is sponsored by Focused Carwash Solutions.
Books mentioned in this episode:
[We receive commissions for purchases made through these links (more info)].