In this episode we interview Chris Andersen, the President and CEO of Mark VII – a manufacturer of carwashing equipment.
Chris Andersen is the President and CEO of Mark VII. Mark VII is the North America subsidiary of WashTec AG of Germany, the world’s leading provider of innovative solutions for all aspects of vehicle washing. Over 1,700 employees in more than 70 countries shape the future of the car wash business. Their products, processes and solutions offer carwash operators and end customers alike outstanding results and experiences.
Chris is a CPA, and had a successful accounting career before transitioning to the car wash industry. Before joining Mark VII, Chris worked for another European manufacturer.
He lives with his family in Denver, Colorado.
- Chris shares the story of how he started in the carwash industry.
- Chris shares his views and observation about the in-bay automatic carwash segment of the industry. David and Chris discuss where this model is perhaps best deployed to serve customers.
- What are some of the evolving innovations in the carwash industry?
- Chris explains some of the consideration and differences between “touchless” and “touch” or “friction” types of car wash equipment.
- David and Chris discuss the carwash equipment trends and observations from European operators.
- Chris explains the “linear technology” they have seen implemented in Europe, and now being offered in North America. Mark VII demonstrated this technology at the 2017 Car Wash Show in Las Vegas.
- Chris also shares the factors that his company considers to forecast the future of the carwash industry.
- How will driver-less cars and shared ride services like Uber affect the future of carwashes?